Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

NVMCTRAY.Dll ???

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 56 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
11-Jul-2006, 05:09 PM #1
NVMCTRAY.Dll ???
After cleaning off a recent trojan, I am now left with two error messages when I boot up. One of them says "Error loading C:\Windows\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL. The speified module could not be found."

From what I have read online, it sounds like this .dll file is related to the NVidia chip on the graphics card inside of my DELL. If anyone knows different from this, please let me know.

I found a website that has .dll files that one can download. It is dll-files.com. I have several questions:

1. Do you know if that is a reliable site from which to download .dll files?

2. If I were to download nvmctray.dll from that website and put it into my windows/system32 folder, do you think that would work or would/could it totally screw things up?

Just for the record, the other error message that I get during bootup and several times thereafter is "WksCal.exe - Entry point not found. The procedure entry point GETIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL" From what I have read, this is somehow associated with Microsoft Works, but I have never had Microsoft Works on my computer...I do have Word, Outlook, Excel, etc. The same website also has msdart.dll available for download, but I don't even know where I should put it if I do download it. My computer currently has 3 files with that name, one is in C:\I386, one is in C:\Windows\System32, and the other, slightly larger file is in a cabinet (CAB) file that is in C:\Windows\Registered Programs. If you have any suggestions on this I would appreciate them as well. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you can provide.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 958 posts.

Experience: of a lifetime!
11-Jul-2006, 07:13 PM #2
Re-install your original nVidia driver package, or download the appropriate package from nVidia's site and install that.
Computer Specs
Member with 7,779 posts.

Experience: Indeterminate
11-Jul-2006, 07:16 PM #3
Perhaps the safest thing to do would be reinstall your nVidia graphics drivers (or perhaps replace them with the latest recommended by your cards' mfg). This should replace the DLL and put it in it's proper place.

Uninstall the existing drivers first.

You might be able to disable the WksCal error through msconfig, if it shows on the Startup tab there. No idea why you'd be getting that error if you don't run Works.
Computer Specs
Member with 11,285 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
11-Jul-2006, 11:24 PM #4
looks like a Norton Antivirus Program file to me.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!