Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Fan settings in BIOS

(!)

Senior Member with 335 posts.

19-Nov-2006, 02:35 PM #1
Question Solved: Fan settings in BIOS
Due to a very noisy very fan that I assumed was on it's last leg I replaced the CPU fan in a Dell 4550. All is well and quiet but now upon startup I get the message "Previous Fan Failure, Press F1 to continue F2 to enter setup". I know the new fan is working perfectly (it's run for days with no issuses) but I can't find a setting in the BIOS to disable this warning. I've cleared the logs and NVRAM in BIOS but it still pops up. Any ideas on how to disable Fan monitoring in the BIOS?
Member with 8,974 posts.

19-Nov-2006, 05:29 PM #2
Checkout: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic55998.html

It sounds like your problem with a suggested fix.
Senior Member with 335 posts.

20-Nov-2006, 10:35 AM #3
Solved for the most part... Thanks DanO for the link.. after reading where several have tried and failed to stop this warning it seems one fellow tried experimenting with BIOS settings and found that disabling Keyboard Error Logging stops the message (which was my goal). Apparantly there isn't a particular place to monitor or change fan settings in this version of BIOS. THANKS DELL! Hopefully disabling Keyboard Error Logging won't come back to haunt me should something else happen.
Member with 8,974 posts.

20-Nov-2006, 08:11 PM #4
You're welcome and thanks for the follow-up information, which was interesting.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!