Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

cpu heat probe installation

(!)

digger747 digger747 is offline digger747 has a Profile Picture
Member with 429 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
23-Nov-2006, 10:23 AM #1
cpu heat probe installation
Have a bunch of new spare parts laying around and want to put another computer together for the fun of it.Have a Foxcon socket a motherboard ,2400 athlon.Have a new no-name case i bought at some time or another.Has a temp guage on the front and and want to hook it up.Has a wire with a probe to I am assuming to place under heatsink.Where should I place it?I was thinking about just placing it along the edge of the heatsink.
Senior Member with 1,182 posts.

Experience: Advanced
23-Nov-2006, 10:32 AM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger747
Have a bunch of new spare parts laying around and want to put another computer together for the fun of it.Have a Foxcon socket a motherboard ,2400 athlon.Have a new no-name case i bought at some time or another.Has a temp guage on the front and and want to hook it up.Has a wire with a probe to I am assuming to place under heatsink.Where should I place it?I was thinking about just placing it along the edge of the heatsink.
put the sensor rod somewhere in between all of the parts and try to get it as close as possible to each and also make sure that your cpu fan doesn't blow on the sensor cause that will throw off the reading a lot.

Here is a link that shows the method (use the "Top of the CPU probe") You decide to use the other method its all on you don't blame me lol. Although I have done it and it worked great I just don't suggest to do so.It's not for everybody.

Getting the correct core temp from your CPU!s
digger747 digger747 is offline digger747 has a Profile Picture
Member with 429 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
23-Nov-2006, 10:36 AM #3
Good article,thanks
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!