Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Guide for building your own system.

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 263 posts.

Experience: Advanced
22-Oct-2007, 04:57 PM #61
Sorry if the link has already been posted, but I found this video on how to install a 775 Intel CPU and HSF. I thought it was a very good instuction video...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OFEOd7nQbuQ
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 587 posts.

17-Nov-2007, 01:02 PM #62
Hey!
Crjdriver nice tutorial.
Member with 76 posts.

Experience: Beginner
02-Dec-2007, 02:39 PM #63
2007 December

What are the recommended components for building a desktop now- the last were in 2004! - Maybe my first build????
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 372 posts.

06-Dec-2007, 04:01 PM #64
Quote:
Originally Posted by crjdriver
Stay away from the non-intel chipsets for an intel cpu. These would be via, sis, or nvidia.
I can't speak to the other names above, but nVidia makes a fantastic Intel Core 2 Duo chipset, the 680i. It's a 4x Customer Choice Award winner. I have it myself running a Core 2 Duo, and it's one of the best motherboards I've ever had.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813188013
Member with 76 posts.

Experience: Beginner
07-Dec-2007, 02:53 PM #65
Hi there
I wanted ALL the components that I need to build a PC over Christmas
IA
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 1,607 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-Jan-2008, 01:31 PM #66
Hi all.
OK Which way do we go from here 2nd January 2008. Do we go the way of Intel, if you require the fastest PC and the most expensive then yes, or do we prepare for the more stable and graphic compatible AMD to make its challenge.
Amd first attempt with the Quad CPU as serious bios problems and should be left alone for a while.
But the new Am3 is on the way. But don't rush into it at the moment. As a true AMD follower I have moved into the fray slowly check my spec.
If you do not require an upgrade at present wait for a couple of months to see the way AMD is going, You may save a lot of money and get a more advanced PC. This is just my opinion on the currant situation.
Happy new year to you all,
Rex
Computer Specs
Member with 7,983 posts.

Experience: Mac Addict
02-Jan-2008, 11:16 PM #67
AMD is no more "graphic compatible" than Intel. For now, Intel is well ahead of AMD with their Core processors.
Computer Specs

02-Jan-2008, 11:25 PM #68
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrija1 View Post
AMD is no more "graphic compatible" than Intel. For now, Intel is well ahead of AMD with their Core processors.
Hi ferrijal.
That is your opinion. What I said was mine
Rex
Computer Specs
Member with 7,983 posts.

Experience: Mac Addict
03-Jan-2008, 06:28 PM #69
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexgrant View Post
Hi ferrijal.
That is your opinion. What I said was mine
Rex
Yes well it is a fact that AMD's processors are no more graphic compatible. There is no difference in what passes in and out of the processor socket (generally), the difference is in the processor itself.

Also, Intel's processors are slightly cheaper and faster than other's.
Computer Specs

03-Jan-2008, 07:49 PM #70
Hi again.
If you believe what you have just stated that is fine. But I believe what little I know about graphic stability in the two types of processors, and thanks to the Israelis, Intel has got the faster and more overclock able processor at the present time. But should you feel like going to work on the net You may just find out, that the majority of experts will say that nVidia chip sets work better with an AMD CPU as well as their own GPU. And the better AMD compatible mobo's are built on Nvidia Chip-sets. But this old brain of mine dose get things out of place now and again,
All the best
Rex.
May I sugest you check intels core 2 prices against AMD I have just bought the fastest clocked stock CPU ever for under 100 UK
Not the fastest but in tests came no 3 to intelsE6850 @175 and intels E6750 @123 and the e6750 only just piped the amd 6400 by a whisker.

Last edited by rexgrant; 03-Jan-2008 at 08:00 PM..
Computer Specs
Moderator with 31,019 posts.

03-Jan-2008, 09:13 PM #71
Gentlemen: Replying to a guide whether with your opinion or questions is not relevant. If you have a question, then start a new thread. Due to the less than adult behavior of the last few posts, I am now closing this thread.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!