Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Laptop display has no picture

(!)

Member with 295 posts.

Experience: Still Learning
08-Jan-2007, 03:34 PM #1
Laptop display has no picture
Hi, when I turn on my laptop, there is nothing shown on the display screen. I can hear the fan is running and the laptop is still on.

Since I haven't been turn on my laptop for about 1 months, will this cause the probelm? My laptop model is Dell E1405.

Thanks for the help
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 862 posts.

Experience: Einstein
08-Jan-2007, 04:07 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by klnaj
Hi, when I turn on my laptop, there is nothing shown on the display screen. I can hear the fan is running and the laptop is still on.

Since I haven't been turn on my laptop for about 1 months, will this cause the probelm? My laptop model is Dell E1405.

Thanks for the help
Its possible that your moniter died. I currently have a Latitude C600, and its screen is dying. When it turn it on, the display is garbled, and I have to use force to get a readable picture.

Also, its possible that the video cable came lloe from the motherboard. To make sure that its not your graphics card, use an external moniter
Member with 295 posts.

Experience: Still Learning
11-Jan-2007, 03:13 PM #3
What are the symptoms it has if the laptop screen is dying? When I turn on the laptop, basically there is nothing shown on the screen. Is the laptop using the same graphic card for the display screen? Because even I connected the external monitor to the laptop graphic card, there is nothing shown on the external monitor too. Thanks for the helps.
Member with 31 posts.

Experience: Einstein
11-Jan-2007, 03:17 PM #4
Yeah, that sounds like a hardware problem to me. This thread should probably be moved to the appropriate topic. However, if you are still under warranty, I would recommend calling Dell support.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!