Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Just what does it mean to "print in gray scale?"

(!)

Member with 34 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
03-Mar-2007, 09:30 PM #1
Just what does it mean to "print in gray scale?"
I know HOW to print in gray scale but I don't really know what it means. Does it just mean that you're using only the black inkjet cartridge in the lightest of all settings for draft mode and using the lowest drying time? I have an HP DJ 960c and have seen this same option on all previous HPs I've used. Just curious to know if I understand it correctly. Thanks.
Senior Member with 684 posts.

Experience: Advanced
03-Mar-2007, 10:23 PM #2
Black and white is my take on it. Only the black cart is used and it can come out looking gray and white more that black.
Computer Specs
Member with 11,276 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
04-Mar-2007, 04:02 AM #3
Gray Scale is what you would use to print a monochrome copy of a color image so you dont waste color ink. IT can give you better image quality than black only but not as good as the color image. You can differentiate the colors as shades of gray.
Member with 17,584 posts.

04-Mar-2007, 05:09 AM #4
With many inkjets, even greyscale may still use "all colors" to produce the grey. Unless it is pure (non-HTML derived) text, where it may derive the grey from dots of black, of spacing and size to give grey.

It depends on the printer, but most makers do not disclose the detail as to how.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!