Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Audio device not found.

(!)

Junior Member with 24 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
31-Mar-2007, 06:08 PM #1
Audio device not found.
I just got through building my first pc just a few minutes ago. Everything seems to be working fine except my sound. Under control panel it says no sound device found. I am using onboard sound for now, until I get a sound card this friday when I get paid. I used my install disc that came with the motherboard to install the sound drivers, but still nothing. If I unplug my speakers from the back of the tower and plug them back in I can hear my speakers make a slight crackling noise. Which to me means my speakers are picking up my onboard, but still aren't playing any sounds. Now that I think about it, I don't remember hearing a beep when I first booted up my pc to bios.

Anything I may have missed since this is my first time setting up my own pc from scratch. Here's the motherboard I have if it makes any difference. Motherboard
Junior Member with 24 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
31-Mar-2007, 06:18 PM #2
Lol nevermind this post. My dumb mistake. Can a mod close this thread please. =)
Computer Specs
Member with 3,704 posts.

31-Mar-2007, 08:06 PM #3
go here and dl all the latest drivers for your mobo make sure u have the same...model no...and REV' NO......... the link is for rev 3.3 (look at your mobo its printed on it)
also the onboard audio on this board is awesome...(try it with some good speakers (don't forget to set the audio program up)
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...me=GA-965P-DS3
Computer Specs
Member with 3,704 posts.

31-Mar-2007, 09:54 PM #4
Attached Thumbnails
Audio device not found.-screenhunter_01-mar.-31-18.52.jpg  
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!