Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How to use TV out in LG Laptop

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
12-Apr-2007, 04:18 AM #1
Exclamation How to use TV out in LG Laptop
I purchased LG laptop model R400, I tried to connect TV out (S Video)with TV, but not getting the video in tv, when playing video file in laptop
cable I used- 7 pin s video in put in laptop to red, yellow, white RCA out put to TV
do I need any software, or setting in laptop, Vista is O/S
Junior Member with 3 posts.

12-Apr-2007, 08:55 AM #2
seems like your using a s-video to rca cable... the red (right audio) and white (left audio) wont do much as s-video only transmits video... so just have the yellow composite plugged into your tv and try

also.. there may or may not be any option in your video card settings/properties on your laptop to change the frequency of the s-video output... try 60Hz

also.. try changing the resolution of the s-video output... if there is that option...

i assume your pressing the function button on your laptop to toggle between video outputs...

15-Apr-2007, 12:58 PM #3
R400
I have the same dilemna.. i bought a LG R400 notebook last week but could not find a correct 7 pin S-video cable that i could use to connect to my TV with RCA connections.. i live in Dubai, UAE. Anyone out there who could suggest on where and how i could connect my laptop to my tv?
Computer Specs
Member with 161 posts.

Experience: Advanced
15-Apr-2007, 02:44 PM #4
I know someone that uses a laptop w/S-Video out and he needs to go to the display settings (which on Windows XP are Right Click somewhere on desktop and select Properties, probably similar in Vista) and change something in the Settings tab. He can display on laptop only, TV only, or both. You might try looking there?
Computer Specs

Experience: Intermediate
02-May-2007, 04:40 PM #5
Additional Question!
I'm trying to do a similar thing as already mentioned. I bought a digital S-video cable and a twin phono cable (which runs out of my headphone socket). Both of these are connected to a scart adaptor with an input/output selector which is then plugged into the scart connection in my TV. I had to adjust the Intel display settings and managed to receive both a picture and sound, however the television display was completely black and white! I've tried as many different setting combinations as possible and this doesn't solve the problem. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Tracey
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!