Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

no audio output device installed

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
02-May-2007, 06:25 PM #1
no audio output device installed
thee month old e machinest5224 no sound
Member with 7,794 posts.

02-May-2007, 09:52 PM #2
Hi and welcome

To start have you checked the following. Speakers on and cable plugged into the right spot on the sound card? Do headphones work? If you go into Device Manager under Sound does everything look OK? No question marks or things not working? In Control Panel under sound -- volume turn up? Nothing Muted? Right sound device chosen. Right speakers chosen?
Computer Specs

Experience: Beginner
02-May-2007, 10:23 PM #3
yes I have checked everything.the only thing wrong is it shows speaker symbol with a red x and it states no audio output device is installed how do I install a new one?

Experience: Intermediate
30-May-2007, 01:31 PM #4
Sheila, when you find out be sure to let me know! My laptop crashed 3 weeks ago and I am STILL trying to restore all functions and etc. I too, suddenly am faced with "no audio output device". I've downloaded all updates thrice. I've checked at least 6 tech sites and followed various instructions. I've enabled and disabled several times. I camp out at SOUNDS AND DEVICES...SPEECH...DEVICE MANAGER where there is NO CHOICE of audio output device.

My patience is wearing very very thin!!!

30-May-2007, 02:11 PM #5
My "Master Tech Guy" just returned my call. Here's how I resolved my problem:
1] Go to StART and RIGHT CLICK on My Computer
2] Are there any red or yellow marked segments in the tree?
3] Open the colored tree items and reinstall
4] I needed to pull the CD that came with my laptop to reinstall the software despite having updated Windows XP thrice.
5] I now have sound!

best of luck!
Computer Specs

04-Sep-2007, 03:04 PM #6
Smile No Audio Output Device Found
I was having this problem this morning, since my computer is relatively new and is still covered under warrenty, I called Acer and they walked me through getting my sound back. This is what we did and maybe it will help if someone is in a similar situation. Since I had sound when I went to bed and didn't when I woke up, the lady at Acer suggested we restore the computer back to a couple of days ago and see if that would fix the problem. And it did!! I have windows vista. To do this I went to my start menu, then to all programs, then to accessories, then to system tools and the to system restore. It only takes a few minutes and the computer will automatically reboot. When I logged back into my desktop my sound was back. What started out as a stressful morning thinking I had no sound turned out to be a simple problem fix.
Computer Specs

04-Sep-2007, 03:07 PM #7
Sorry that was "no audio output device installed" not found. and even when I went to my devices and looked for it, it was gone, but it was easy to get back if ever anyone has this same problem.
Junior Member with 1 posts.

17-Sep-2007, 06:06 PM #8
how do i fix this.... i have a gateway with windows vista... it says there is no audio output device downloaded.. how do i get one back... it used too work but then all of a sudden it stopped working!!!!!! HELP ME PLEASE.. EMAIL ME AT osnaschick92@yahoo.com
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 2,091 posts.

Experience: The Baddest Noob :)
17-Sep-2007, 06:26 PM #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxitalianqtx22xx
how do i fix this.... i have a gateway with windows vista... it says there is no audio output device downloaded.. how do i get one back... it used too work but then all of a sudden it stopped working!!!!!! HELP ME PLEASE.. EMAIL ME AT osnaschick92@yahoo.com
xxitalianqtx , please don't post email here otherwise you'll get spams.

04-Oct-2007, 11:50 AM #10
Go to control panel and find add/remove programs. Uninstall the software that runs your sound device. Then, if you are running windows Vista, go to the gateway recovery center. Find the recovery for drivers, and find the sound driver recovery option. It should re-install it correctly.

17-Feb-2008, 05:16 PM #11
im pretty sure you found a solution by now, but heres the app i used and it works fine
i uploaded it on rapidshare because i forgot where i found it :P

http://rapidshare.com/files/92713723/Vista_R186.exe

Last edited by Raymond1342; 17-Feb-2008 at 05:28 PM..

Experience: Computer Illiterate
17-Jun-2008, 11:46 AM #12
I have had this problem for weeks
I am at a los as how to fix this I have tryed every thing my sound was working fine but then i had to reinstall vista as my grafics card messed up and roll vista rightback to some thing that had nothing realyon the profile so had to set it all up again. Any how i have installed a vista hd realteck driver and xp drivers but theywould not fully install. have been in to device manager and there is no icon detecting any sound card what do i do to get my sound back? NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED do i just go out an buy a new sound card???
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!