Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Logitech wireless mouse...left button stops working

(!)

Member with 19,134 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
03-May-2007, 07:57 PM #1
Logitech wireless mouse...left button stops working
Its a Logitech wireless optical mouse.

I've pushed the reset button on the bottom, tried restarting my computer and tried using the troubleshooting feature that came with the mouse itself.

Starting today, the left button stopped working. The right button works fine. The batteries are new. The scroll wheel works fine. The pointer works fine.

I tried it again and suddenly it was working....then the next time I went to click on something, it stopped again. I just got it for christmas....what could be wrong? The only thing I can possibly think of is that my 18 month old had it in his hand last week banging on the keyboard with it. Maybe he broke it a little bit and thats why its giving me trouble now?

Unless anyone knows what I can do to try and get it working then I think i'll have to buy a new one.

So help me if you can. If not, no worries...I still have the mouse that came with my computer and I can get along with that until i get a new one.
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

03-May-2007, 08:08 PM #2
I suspect you'll be buying a new one. It's probably the switch in the mouse, I've had those switches go on mice a number of times. Let's see, I've had 4-5 of them go in 50,000 posts, so you were due for a failure with 16,000!

Experience: Intermediate
03-May-2007, 08:20 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWill
I suspect you'll be buying a new one. It's probably the switch in the mouse, I've had those switches go on mice a number of times. Let's see, I've had 4-5 of them go in 50,000 posts, so you were due for a failure with 16,000!
the 16,000 is what I accomplished in my 4 and a half years here. The mouse came to me just 4 months ago. Surely I cant be that much of a clicker!

although....I do like to click a lot!

thanks, John. Even without all the clickin' the baby probably made the switch unstable when he was using it as a hammer.
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

04-May-2007, 08:45 AM #4
Yes, my grandson has tossed several of my wireless mice, and I've had to repair them several times. They don't stand up to that kind of abuse.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!