Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

My tv clicks, but doesn't turn on?

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

20-Jun-2007, 09:40 PM #1
My tv clicks, but doesn't turn on?
Well, we bought out TV about 6 years ago, and just all of a sudden last night, we were watching it, went outside, and came back in, and it was off. We tried to turn it back on, and it clicked like it was going to turn on, but it clicked off right afterword.

Today, we took the back off, looking for a problem, we cleaned all the dust out, looked for a broken fuse, but everything seemed fine.

Can any one help me find out whats wrong? We can't afford a new tv right now.
Member with 17,584 posts.

22-Jun-2007, 10:06 PM #2
In reality the "click" could indicate any of a thousand component failures.

It is most likely the power supply section shutting down due to overload or as a result of a component failure.

The failure could be in the audio, video, EHT, or any other of the sections, the effect is all that is seen, not the cause. Usually nothing is visible to the eye in the way of the failed component. When they are, the problem usual involves other components as well, unseen.

If it had been a fuse blown, it would have had a 99% chance of being a component failure that caused it as well, they seldom blow without a reason. Replacing the fuse and trying again often just drives the fault deeper taking out even more components.

Sad to say it's either a repair or a replace. There is no way to diagnose the problem remotely. And to remove any concerns as to the advice, I am a qualified TV engineer, though not working in that field.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!