Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

pink screen

(!)

Junior Member with 10 posts.

01-Oct-2007, 11:04 AM #1
Question pink screen
Today after restarting computer my screen suddenly turned pink and when you start up again you can't go into setup screen anymore. I have a black screen until you get the users page from Windows XP. Do I have a hardware or software problem and what can be done? Thanks for your help. Kris
satanicguardian satanicguardian is offline satanicguardian has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 396 posts.

Experience: Advanced
01-Oct-2007, 01:18 PM #2
the only time ive experienced anythin like tht was when i ahem ripped the ram out of a pc that was switched on, not clever methinks =P but no, its possible hardware, have u changed any components recently?

01-Oct-2007, 01:50 PM #3
Yes I did, I wanted to put a second hard disk but that didn't work. I disconnected the second hard disk again and afterwards my screen turned pink. But PC was turned off. I never change anything when PC is turned on. When I put the second disk I got the message "son system disk" although the original hard disk was my primary disk.Thanks for your time
satanicguardian satanicguardian is offline satanicguardian has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 396 posts.

01-Oct-2007, 02:05 PM #4
does that mean ur sorted now?

01-Oct-2007, 02:24 PM #5
No the problem remains. When I put the second disk I got a change message and went automatiocally in my setup. I saved the changes. But thenI got the "non syustem disk message" so I removed the second disk again. The thing is that I don't get to go to setup anymore. When you start up screen is black and then it turns pink the moment you get your users icons. You don't see the windows starting up etc.
Computer Specs
Member with 396 posts.

01-Oct-2007, 02:35 PM #6
hmm do you have an on board or pci gfx card?

01-Oct-2007, 02:52 PM #7
pci gfx card
Computer Specs
Member with 396 posts.

01-Oct-2007, 02:59 PM #8
does mb have a standard vga port, u cud disconnect ur gfx card and use the standard monitor connection, to see if the screen still shows up pink
Computer Specs
Member with 396 posts.

01-Oct-2007, 03:00 PM #9
if not its the hard drives, u have to make sure ur primary ide cable is going to ur main hdd with its jumpers set to primary, tho im not the best person to ask about hdds, they confused me somewhat

01-Oct-2007, 04:57 PM #10
when i disconnect my gfx card and use the standard monitor connection I have black screen... I think I better go to pc-shop. Txs for trying to help
Computer Specs
Member with 396 posts.

01-Oct-2007, 05:33 PM #11
ok good luck with that, let us know on the outcome

02-Oct-2007, 04:21 PM #12
Hi,
My husband forgot to put computer in so tonight I tried again ... problem solved. It was something very stupid ... I had a bad contact between cable and vga-card. Thanks for your advice and trying to help
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!