Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0--shoot me please

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
27-Oct-2007, 01:21 AM #1
Exclamation ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0--shoot me please
Okay. I just. Okay. So I did search the forum on this, and I found topics that sort of related to my problem, but I still couldn't get it to work. I come to you out of desperation. So, a year or so ago, a sort-of-not-really friend of mine decided he was going to give up gaming, and he gave me his Xbox 360 (yes, I know....wee! Except the disk tray sticks a lot and sometimes it crashes aaaand...). He also gave me his ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 thing, and the cords, but no software. I've gone to the website, I've downloaded the drivers and such that they have on the site (though half don't work if you don't have the original CD...so what is the point of letting you download the software, I wonder?) and I guess my main problem is that I don't care about the TV cable stuff, I want to use it to capture stuff from video games when I do game reviews. I guess that's called video composite? Heck if I know. The Red, White and Yellow cables...see how techy I am? e.e

So I stick the thing in and windows says it's all working correctly, yet the ATI media center says "the TV player failed to initialize" please make sure all devices are installed correctly, etc. etc. etc. I also downloaded a free trial for a program called Open Video Capture, and with that I get video sometimes but no sound, and when I try to start capturing, it says "This graph cannot preview!" and I lose my video. I can deal with having video but no sound, but I can't very well play and show off the game if I can't see it e.e
I'll download or try any other program, whatever lets me capture some video, ugh. And I have a much better laptop, but it's got quite a small harddrive so I'd rather capture on this, my desktop, if I can.

I'm not sure what all stats to put, but it's an emachine, and I'm running windows XP home edition.

If you can get this working for me, I will love you forever and do a picture request for you or something x.x I can't pay you though, I'm a starving graphic design student, I can barely buy myself ramen noodles to eat...eheh.

Thank you. *passes out*
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
28-Oct-2007, 11:51 AM #2
No one knows? ;_;
I also found a Dazzle input thing that we had but lost the software for, and when I try to download the drivers etc. online, they all crash during installation e.e
Also trying to use the integrated input capture device on my mother's fujitsu lifebook n6200, but I'm not sure what the device is. In Device manager, there's two things that say Legacy Capture Devices, and one that says pix-mpeg/usb2.0 mce. Both give me only bafflement.
It does not seem right for three different capture devices on three different computers to not work. I must be doing something really wrong >.<
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!