Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Front Usb Ports On Compaq Presario

(!)

Member with 201 posts.

17-Jan-2002, 06:31 AM #1
Front Usb Ports On Compaq Presario
Any device I hook into The 2 usb ports I have located in the FRONT of my machine will not work at all but if I connect them to the BACK of the machine they work fine, I am talking about connecting a JOYSTICK and SCANNER to the FRONT, I have my KEYBOARD and PRINTER hooked into the ports in the BACK, I am running Windows ME on a Compaq Presario 7000t-7EL, if I take out any one of those devices and place it in the back of my machine they run fine.
Marturo
Guest with n/a posts.

17-Jan-2002, 01:35 PM #2
I had a Compaq with a Game port in the front under a flip down cover. There were no USBs on the back. If the USB ports are up around were your mouse and keyboard are pluged in then the USB ports are built into the mother board. My front Usb ports worked fine until I opened the case to put some RAM in. The USB ports were hooked up with a small connector on the Motherboard and I must have bumped the connector, so I took the cover off and read on the Motherboard at a 2 or 3 pin hook up can't remember, (USB) I then pluged it back in and they worked fine. Of course my USB ports worked from the begining and quit when I opened the cover and knocked the wire off. If you have never taken the cover off, then I would think you might have a problem in your USB hub. Do you see listings for your USBs in Device manager? On the Computer I am using to write you, it has 4 USB ports and they are listed in the Device Manager. I would check there first before I took the cover off. Marturo
Member with 234 posts.

18-Jan-2002, 09:46 PM #3
go into the device manager and rip out the usb root hub and click refresh or reboot
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!