Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Flickering Lines on Monitor

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

21-Jan-2002, 09:13 AM #1
Flickering Lines on Monitor
Hi

I bought a pc recently and installed windows xp professional. For some reason there has been flickering lines on my monitor down the screen especially noticeable on white backgrounds and powerpoint presentations. The problem is not with the monitor because I checked by connecting my pc with a friends monitor and the same problem occurred with his monitor even though its fine with his pc.

I have tried to update graphics card driver and even re-formatted hardrive and intsalled windows from scratch but it hasn't solved the problem.

Please help me for I have almost tried everything I could.

Thanks

Qasim
Senior Member with 972 posts.

21-Jan-2002, 09:24 AM #2
Could be interference. Have you tried moving the PC and or monitor to a different location? Any speakers near by?
Senior Member with 1,843 posts.

21-Jan-2002, 09:31 AM #3
Try changing the monitors Refresh rate to a higher setting. If it is at 60 hz, try 70, 80 or what ever rate your monitor supports. It's control can be found by right clicking on an empyt place on the desktop, select Properties, Settings, and Advanced. Depending on your specific video card, it may be listed under Adapter or something else.
Senior Member with 1,843 posts.

21-Jan-2002, 09:50 AM #4
Qusim wrote that he had tried the refresh rate change with little improvement. The only other sugestion would be to make sure the video card(if a plug in) is seated securelly and that the cable from it to the monitor is inserted all the way and screwed in just to make sure. You could also try different video drivers if more than one is available.
Senior Member with 972 posts.

21-Jan-2002, 10:07 AM #5
He also wrote that he tried the external interference check to no avail.
Might check that no high frequency cables or devices are too close or touching the video card. If it's PCI, try a different socket.
Senior Member with 2,218 posts.

21-Jan-2002, 12:34 PM #6
when in properties there is a section where you can adjust the horizontal & vertical displays on some... check for that too & set it at default.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!