Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Online computer stores in Europe?

(!)

Junior Member with 4 posts.

11-Feb-2002, 06:01 PM #1
Online computer stores in Europe?
I hope I can find a good online store here in Europe.

Do any of the European members have a clue? As it says in the 2nd part of my sig; I want to build but I'll need lots of help and advice.

TIA

ps. I found this one so far. Could you people (non-Europeans included) take a look at their products and give an opinion? (1 Euro = 0.876 USD) Shipping would not be an issue with this one, I live nearby.

I would have to pay the "incl VAT"-prices
Computer Specs
Member with 527 posts.

Experience: Advanced
11-Feb-2002, 10:38 PM #2
If you want to find some computer stores, why don't you just go to a search engine and look for something in your area.
RandyG   (Randy) RandyG is offline RandyG has a Profile Picture
Member with 7,760 posts.

12-Feb-2002, 06:32 AM #3
damonw's suggestion is going to be the best one available. IT doesn't really matter so much if the company is in Germany, as long as they don't charge too much for shipping.

I will mention http://www.shop4memory.com/ for good prices on memory. They will be expanding their product base to include other computer components in the near future, they do not charge to ship in Ireland or the UK, and only charge €4 to ship elesewhere in Europe. I have used them, and they are quick, courteous, and efficient.

For your own use, here is a search for European search engines.

www.pricewatch.com is a good place to look from anywhere.
Junior Member with 4 posts.

13-Feb-2002, 12:22 PM #4
Thank you Damonw and RandyG,

I'll take that advice.
Member with 456 posts.

13-Feb-2002, 05:13 PM #5
Hi
I don't want to go in for blatant advertising here, and am definitely not connected to the company, but 2 members of my family have bought from the UK branch of Gateway with no major problems. The helpline has been good too. Check a search engine to find your local branch. I'm sure they operate Europe-wide.
Apologies if I'm unwittingly breaching any TSG code here on publicising companies.
RandyG   (Randy) RandyG is offline RandyG has a Profile Picture
Member with 7,760 posts.

13-Feb-2002, 06:14 PM #6
Hi Fitz,

No, you're not breaching any SPAM rules here, especially if someone is truly interested in finding something like this.

However, you should be aware that Gateway has closed it's Global offices, including the one here in Dublin, and all Sales go through the US. As a past Gateway employee, and current Gateway customer, I would normally push their product, but do not do so for anyone outside of the US, now. The majority of the support staff that currently cover EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) for Gateway are exGateway staff hired by the company that has taken the Tech Support contract over. You should be able to continue receiving good support, but the next time you buy a system, make your own, or go with Dell, if you are not confident with your technical abilities. Their support and systems are also good.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!