Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: How to partition my USB thumb drive

(!)

Member with 169 posts.

Experience: Advanced
29-Jun-2008, 08:40 AM #1
Solved: How to partition my USB thumb drive
Hello,

I've been trying to make 2 or more partitions on my USB thumb drive. I've searched the web, and people have said that it would be better if I didn't create any partitions, but I don't know why and I really need to do this. So I also searched for software, but no software I found had the option to JUST install it and then manage the partitions on my drive. All of them needed to create a boot disk, then do other unnecessary stuff that I just don't have the time to do (or even read their HUGE manuals). Plus, all of them refered to HDDs not USB drives (though I suspect this isn't a major obstacle). So, do you know of a simple utility, that will give the the ability to create 2 partitions on my USB thumb drive, and then format them using my desired file system? That's all I need.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 587 posts.

29-Jun-2008, 09:42 AM #2
Member with 169 posts.

30-Jun-2008, 01:40 PM #3
Great! Partition Manager from Paragon worked perfectly! Thanks!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
create, partition, usb

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!