Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

hp dv9700 - no sound problem

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 17 posts.

Experience: Advanced
01-Jul-2008, 11:31 PM #1
hp dv9700 - no sound problem
Hi guys...

i bought a Factory Refubished HP dv9700t with windows vista home premimum yesterday.... i was quite excited as this is my first experience with laptops... as i am a desktop guy.... every thing seems ok to me ... but when i tryed to play a DVD... i found the picture quality is good but there is no sound comming out.... that brings my attention to the sound for the first time... i checked the driver .... all is well not a single problem with that it says the device is working properly ... even when i played the audio file it shows me the beats that some thing is playing... even when i go to sound Properties in the CP if found that every thing there is also working properly but i can here a damn thing... i reinstalled the whole vista .... but the problem persists .... i downloaded latest drivers but no sound

... it seems that no speakers are attached to it ... i tried the FP audio jacks they also seem to be dead.... no sound... even the sound of plug in / plug out from the jack is not comming ...

what might be the problem .... is it a hardware software or windows problem....

what is the solution as i think i will not be able to get warrenty localy .... i have to sent it away to a far far land with a huge travelling ticket... so claiming warrenty is the last step i will take....
Account Disabled with 6,319 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-Jul-2008, 02:33 AM #2
Look on probably the left side of the laptop.
There may be a manual volume control wheel there.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 17 posts.

Experience: Advanced
03-Jul-2008, 11:27 PM #3
thanks for the reply
i wished that u r right... but my bad luck that u r not...
anyways i have send the laptop to my local laptop guys to figure out the problem ...
if there is a problem with software they do repaire it but if there is a problem with h/w then i will try to go for waranty....

Thanks .... just pary that my 1500$ dont went in vain....
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
hp dv9700, problem, sound

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!