Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Dual Monitors on 410 emachines?

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
07-Jul-2008, 12:45 PM #1
Dual Monitors on 410 emachines?
I have an emachine 410 with monitor card, card only has one connection, on the section where you plug in the speakers there was another monitor connection that was covered with a plastic cover that said "Do not Remove", this doesn't seem to work, when I plug my current monitor in there it keeps saying no input signal. To run dual monitors would I have to buy a new card for my machine.
Retired Administrator with 103,708 posts.

Experience: Advanced
07-Jul-2008, 12:56 PM #2
Hi and welcome. Yes, you would need a dual monitor card, or two cards.

The reason the other one doesn't work is probably because it's disabled. Usually when you install an add in card, it disables the onboard video.
Account Disabled with 5,251 posts.

07-Jul-2008, 01:11 PM #3
Not sure what the other "monitor" connection is but if they aren't located in the same place right next to one another it doesn't matter anyway, only one would work regardless.

You can get video spitter adapters that will go to two or more monitors but you would be limited to clone mode only. Usually the best way to get multi monitor support is to get a better video card with dual ports. That's only if your system supports it though; if you have discrete graphics already then its no problem, just upgrade to a better card with the same motherboard slot interface (PCI-E, AGP, PCI).
Junior Member with 1 posts.

11-Sep-2008, 11:45 AM #4
Thats right, Fairnooks and Acacandy. The eMachine 410 was despatched with "2" monitor connections. (1), a "covered-up" onboard VGA adaptor and also (2), a Radeon 9200 PCI Express card (the one on the section where you plug in the speakers).

To use the "covered-up" onboard VGA adaptor for your monitor you'll have to disable/remove the Radeon 9200 PCI Express card. You can only use one or the other.

So the answer is yes. To use 2 monitors you'll need a VGA splitter, or replace the Radeon 9200 PCI Express card with a dual monitor/VGA card.

Kind regards
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!