Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

CPU Overheat Message & Rear Fan Problems?

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 22 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
01-Aug-2008, 11:51 PM #16
Sorry for the delayed response and thanks, crjdriver, for joining the discussion.

1. My rear fan is connected to the power supply. I'm going to replace it, but just needed a weekend to come so I could have the free time.

2. Yep, my CPU fan is set to 100%.

3. The latest average temp I'm seeing now is 46-48 C and 54-56 C with a load.

4. I checked to see if I had the latest version of my BIOS and I do. But, unfortunately, my BIOS doesn't seem to support EIST. I did, however, set my power scheme to Minimal Power Management."

I haven't had a crash lately, but I've still been noticing slowness. There hasn't been much strain put on the CPU, either (no music, not much web surfing, no gaming, etc.). I also notice that my ATI graphics drivers don't load immediately at start-up like they used to. Instead they pop up at some point 4-5 minutes afterward.

I don't know if these problems are all parts of a larger problem, but I hope the information is helpful. I think after replacing the rear fan, I'll slowly test the limits of my PC to see if the problems been solved. If not, I'll repost (hopefully I won't be back here tomorrow).

Thank you everyone for you help!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
cpu, cpu temp, overheat, rear fan

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!