Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Gateway Mouse Model: MOAKUO

(!)

Junior Member with 5 posts.

01-Aug-2008, 05:58 PM #1
Solved: Gateway Mouse Model: MOAKUO
Well I've got this mouse that came with the 'new' computer that we got..about a year ago. The Gateway has a Vista operating system.

I think the mouse came with it. But after a bit of usage the mouse dies on me. I've tried checking online and even cracking open the mouse myself. I can't seem to find a battery - I mean I don't understand much about laser mouses..I've switched to my old ball mouse (Dell) and the bad thing about that is that the right click doesn't seem to work.

So I've got two mouses; one who dies on me and the other no right-click.

Could anyone help me on this?

I've tried the Gateway mouse after a few days since it dies and it works for a little bit and then dies on me again..so. :\

-Insignia

03-Aug-2008, 06:25 PM #2
Bump..

No one has anything to say?

-Insignia
Computer Specs
Moderator with 42,420 posts.

Experience: Advanced
03-Aug-2008, 06:31 PM #3
The Gateway MOAKUO mouse is a wired mouse unless I'm mistaken so it wouldn't have batteries. Mice like all equipment can break, just buy a new mouse. New mice cost less then shipping at this site: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826193027 and local stores likely have ones for well under $20.

03-Aug-2008, 06:58 PM #4
But..what explains the mouse dying on me? The red light goes out and it's a goner. Would it be a faulty mechanism or such in the mouse?

-Insignia
Computer Specs
Moderator with 42,420 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Aug-2008, 08:23 AM #5
Could be a loose cable or faulty electronics. I've never tried to fix a mouse, its simply not worth it.

04-Aug-2008, 02:39 PM #6
Alright, thanks.

-Insignia
Junior Member with 1 posts.

11-Aug-2008, 06:18 PM #7
Question for you guys that use this mouse (Gateway MOAKUO), did the optical wheel feel kind of loose from the beginning when you guys bought the computer? I've had the computer for about a year now and this mouse came with it, but the optical wheel feels kind of loose and makes squeaking noises. Not a big deal, but I just wanted to know because I don't like how it feels.

11-Aug-2008, 08:29 PM #8
Nope..maybe your mouse was 'incorrectly' put together or somehow..maybe something's loose. O_o

Well I put the mouse back into the computer - figured that if it died again which it did just last night..I unplugged it and plugged it back in; it worked >:[]!!

=] Solved..

-Insignia
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
gateway, moakuo, mouse

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!