Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Error; Cannot Communicate with Scanner?

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
04-Aug-2008, 03:04 PM #1
Question Error; Cannot Communicate with Scanner?
I have a Compaq Presario, Vista Home Basic PC, with Canon MP530 Scanner, Printer, Copier, and Fax. After being initially programmed for the Canon multifunction, I programmed it for a friends Lexmark x6100. Now I have only the Canon MP530 hooked back up to the PC. Lexmark Techs sent me a link to delete their data from my drivers, which I applied. Lexmark Techs say to contact Mirco-Soft, because I keep getting the error message from Windows; "code #2,155,0 Cannot Communicate With Scanner". How do I reconfigure Windows to accept my Canon MP530 Scanner? Everything else on the Canon seems to work, accept the Scanner? When I go into Twain, I see only MP530, & Twain, is listed? When I use the scanner installation wizard, it shows the Canon, and Xerox, which I believe should both be there? I need to use the program MP Navigator to get the Canon Scanner to work, but I continue to get the Windows error message #2,155,0. Help? Any expertise will be appreciated?

Thanks,

Fishing Outdoors
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 232 posts.

04-Aug-2008, 03:37 PM #2
It was better if you would have had uninstall your lexmark drivers directly from the Add/Remove Programs" from Windows that wouldn't had gave you any problem. Why don't you try to do System Restore to when you had your Lexmark drivers and then uninstall from Add/Remove Programs and once done reinstall Canon printer driver.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

05-Aug-2008, 10:57 AM #3
I am unsure how to do a System Restore? I did try a System Recovery, as outlined in the Vista troubleshooting guide. Windows System Restore asked me for a date to restore to, however I have been struggling with this issue for about 3 months or more now. I uninstalled Canon before doing my System Revcovery, then re-installed Canon, but my Canon Scanner still won't work? Any more guidance will be appreciated? Thanks for your suggestions Elvala2.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!