Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Computer shuts off and on continuously

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
14-Oct-2008, 10:13 PM #1
Computer shuts off and on continuously
HP Desktop A6412P
Windows Vista Home Premium
3GB RAM
PNY 8400GS

Bought this desktop about six months ago at staples. Had no problems with it the past couple of months. When I got back from out of town, I turned it on, then three seconds later it turns off, then turns on then off again, on and off, on and off. It does this nonstop continuously. Talked to some desktop support techs at school and they told me its either a fault power supply or the processor. The manager at staples had no clue as to what the hell he was talking about. He said that its probably spyware or some virus that causing the problem, and was acting like he was some IT professional. Its still under a 2 year warranty, and they said they might have to send it to HP to get if fixed. Any diagnosis as to what may be causing the nonstop on & off ??? I think its probably one of the following:
Processor, Power Supply, loose connection, overheating.....
jazz3000 has a Photo Album
Senior Member with 2,503 posts.

15-Oct-2008, 12:24 AM #2
http://www.smartcomputing.com/editor...01%2F24s01.asp
Sorry to hear your having the problems. This may help, or may not... Jazz
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!