Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Toshiba Laptop Blue screen help

(!)

Junior Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Oct-2008, 11:16 PM #1
Toshiba Laptop Blue screen help
I'm trying to help a relative of mine, try and figure out why her laptop keeps blue screening. The laptop's a Toshiba Satellite A300-034 with the model number PSAG0C-03401C. I have tried checking on Toshiba's site but couldn't find much in their support section. It started happening when my uncle got a wireless router and my aunt installed the D-Link software onto her laptop. I hope I managed to uninstall all the programs that came on the disc and all... but it still kept bluescreen when her screen saver came on with her photos going across while she's using her webcam. So I disabled her screen saver and that fixed it for a while. Recently the blue screen surfaced again. After her trial office 2007 expired, I helped her install Open Office, but the laptop was still working fine, and afterwards another aunt of mine got her Office 2007 and after a week or so (which is now) the blue screen started coming up again with the IRQ stuff on it... I checked the device manager and there doesn't seem to be any of the yellow triange with the " ! " symbol or unknown devices in it.

It runs on Vista Home Prem. 64-bit. Thanks in advance for any help.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 52,043 posts.

17-Oct-2008, 02:00 PM #2
is that actually 64Bit version of vista or the 32Bit version ?
my toshibas A200 versions (just had 3 delivered only have 32bit)

I assume its rebooting on the blue screen if so do below if not

post back the Stop code and any file names and see if its a particular driver casing the problme

goto
control panel>
system>
advanced tab>
startup and recovery - settings>
under the title - system failure
untick - automatically restart

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;320299

now when it crashes - it willnot restart and the blue screen should stay on the screen
post the info on the screen
it will give the errorcodes and a filename, if caused by a driver.

17-Oct-2008, 05:55 PM #3
no it is actually the 64- bit version of vista since it came with 4GB of ram and it says so in system properties. As for the error codes my cousin actually sent me pictures of them.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
"then the whole if this tis the first time you've seen this and so forth double check hardware and software is properly installed"

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x0000099E0000007E, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xFFFFF80001EB9153)

Collecting data for crash dump ...
Initializing disk for crash dump ...
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 52,043 posts.

17-Oct-2008, 06:40 PM #4
thats good in the UK there are a lot of 4GB systems with 32 bit - and the full 4GB cannot be used, I had quite a dicussion in a well know store over here, and he said he would prove it to me by downloading a program that proved it and all he did was prove it only could use just over 3GB

Anyway have a read here
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...3076&SiteID=17
and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929777

22-Oct-2008, 02:56 PM #5
Ok up dat so I recieved the wrong news earlier... it does still only blue screen with code above only when web cam is turned on.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!