Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Display problem horrible pink/purple and green

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-Dec-2008, 04:33 AM #1
Display problem horrible pink/purple and green
Hey,

While i was playing a game this morning (rise of nations thrones and patroits) the display suddenly changed. It looked like everything that was supposed to be white turned pink/purple and on the desktop green spots and a vertical green bar appeared. I've tried rebooting but that didn't help. I tried changing resolution, it didn't help. I tried dxdiag but it didn't showed any problems. I tried device manager but this also didn't show problems. I also didn't see any error message.
I have had this displaydriver for a while, but device manager says it's up to date. and i haven't had this problem before and i cant figure out what's causing it. I hope you can help because this pink is driving me crazy.

Zal
Computer Specs
Member with 2,241 posts.

Experience: Advanced
28-Dec-2008, 05:04 AM #2
Sounds like a hardware problem where the signal to the monitor isnt getting through properly. First step is to change settings in windows- try a different resolution and different colour depth. If its no go, make sure the graphics card is fully seated, give it a push down to make sure. Then take out the monitor cable and reinsert it after making sure all the pins on the cable look good. If that doesnt work, try a dfferent cable if you have or can borrow one. If its still bad, try a different monitor, if you can borrow one. If its still bad, most likely cause is a bad GPU, may need replacing.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-Dec-2008, 05:25 AM #3
Hey

thanks for answering
I think I posted in the wrong category, because I own a notebook, so some of the things you said are things I cant do. But something strange has happened. I left my notebook on a while for a virus scan and when I came back i saw the weird colors in the screensaver, well i did expect it, but when i moved with my mouse all of the strange colors are gone! what do you think of that? maybe some connection that is just a little bit loose or something?
because if it is, i may expect it to return any moment

Update: the horrible colors are back again, just as suddenly as they appeared the first time changing resolution or color depth doens't change a thing

update2: i've made a screenshot and it appeared normally on another computer, so i guess the problem isn't caused by the gpu right?

Zal

Last edited by Zaluzar; 28-Dec-2008 at 12:08 PM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!