Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: ATI Warning - Catalyst Control Center

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 8 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
18-Jan-2009, 07:48 PM #1
Solved: ATI Warning - Catalyst Control Center
Everytime I turn on mny laptop, the following message appears:

The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI graphics driver, or enable your ATI adapter using the Displays Manager.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 3470 Graphics Card 256MB.

I've tried uninstalling the driver on Device Manager and then detecting it again but the same error still pops up when I restart. Not sure how the enabling of the ATI adapter works on Displays Manager, help please?
Computer Specs
Moderator with 42,792 posts.

Experience: Advanced
18-Jan-2009, 08:45 PM #2
You need to use Programs & Features in the Control Panel to uninstall the current ATI software and drivers and then reinstall it. Somehow you have a mismatched driver.

Since Acer's site is pretty poor for downloads and always has terribly outdated drivers I suggest that you may want to try the regular ATI driver from here: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Then use this tool to modify the driver: http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool.php

The instructions are easy to follow and are at the bottom of the link.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

19-Jan-2009, 05:46 PM #3
ATI Warning - Catalyst Control Center
I too am experiencing the same error message my graphics card is a ATI Radeon HD3200 Graphics, will this fix work for my Acer AS5535 as well, also is this a proven fix?
Account Disabled with 5,251 posts.

19-Jan-2009, 05:57 PM #4
I was just wondering, do the ATI drivers still need .net framework to run properly and if so could that have something to do with the error or is it strickly an ATI driver issue?
Junior Member with 2 posts.

19-Jan-2009, 06:17 PM #5
Not sure how would I go about checking this, I have hopefully attached the error message that I am receiving.
Attached Thumbnails
Solved: ATI Warning - Catalyst Control Center-ati-message.jpg  
Computer Specs
Moderator with 42,792 posts.

19-Jan-2009, 07:59 PM #6
MrMoo, ideally you should start your own thread. But have you followed the advice I gave Ashers? The fix is almost a simply uninstall and reinstall of a driver, the only difference is you are modifying the standard desktop driver to a mobile version with the use of the modder utility.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!