Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Help greatly appreciated-HP driver issue on XP Pro

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

02-Feb-2009, 04:54 AM #1
Help greatly appreciated-HP driver issue on XP Pro
thanks for any help in advance, i've been trying to figure this out the entire week

when I try to install the driver (off of the hp website) for my hp photosmart 1215 on my dell inspiron 9100 running XP Pro it comes up with the following error:The system cannot find the path specified.

Please send Info ID 3511_enu_w2k_xp_release(2).3.1768.01.2.25033.c:/temp/photosmart to support@netopsystems.com.

I recently reinstalled windows, which is why i'm installing the printer driver, and my hdd is now d:/ is that an issue? if so, how do I fix it?

thanks,
Rob
Senior Member with 752 posts.

Experience: Advanced
02-Feb-2009, 07:50 AM #2
If I am reading you correctly, your Windows installation is now on D:/ instead of C:/ ? Do you have another drive that is the C:/ drive? If you don't have a C:/ drive anymore, then as you install any software you need to change the install path from C:/ to D:/.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 31,206 posts.

02-Feb-2009, 08:02 AM #3
When I check the specs on that printer, it shows that it uses either an old style printer cable or a usb.
How do you have it connected?
Next do you have any yellow marks in device manager?

Post a screenshot of device mgr.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

03-Feb-2009, 10:22 PM #4
when I boot my comp it even recognizes the printer as "hp photosmart 1215" but when I try to install the driver it comes up with the error above and i'm connecting it with a usb cable...I don't believe the connection is the issue

how do I change the install path for the driver I installed for hp? and no, I do not have a c:/ drive at all
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
driver, help!, inspiron 9100, printer driver

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!