Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Typing: IPCONFIG /ALL -- window won't stay open

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 247 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
29-Mar-2009, 11:41 AM #1
Solved: Typing: IPCONFIG /ALL -- window won't stay open
I'm trying to get my new AT&T 2-wire modem/router to work. AT&T has been no help to me at all. Their technical "support" is one of the worst I've ever encountered! I've suffered their inneptness for over 2 weeks, and still cannot get a technician to come to my home! They claim that my DSL service is installed, yet my 2-wire modem/router DSL light continuously flashes red. I can't connect to the internet with it.

So, I'm trying to follow the steps I found on Tech Support Guy that were given to another member (a long time ago).

(Here's the old link that I saved: http://forums.techguy.org/networking...er-newbie.html)

I'm trying to use my MS Windows XP Home Edition to 'run' the command: ipconfig /all

But, the 'DOS' box pops up on my display then disappears after only 1/2 second. Therefore, I can't get the info.

What do you recommend to solve that particular issue (before I post again with my main problem of not being able to get DSL to work)?
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

29-Mar-2009, 11:48 AM #2
You missed the steps about first opening a command prompt window.

"Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:"
Computer Specs
Member with 247 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-Mar-2009, 01:51 PM #3
I was expecting it to work just like typing "msconfig" (from the "Run..." command).

Thanks. I didn't know.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!