Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Screen has too much blue

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
21-Apr-2009, 02:10 AM #1
Solved: Screen has too much blue
Hello,

I recently tried turning on my monitor and it wouldn't turn on. After restarting the computer, the monitor now has a blue tinge over everything: the startup screen is blue, the choose the operating system you want is blue, everything looks like I'm looking at it through blue cellophane.

Here are the specs of my computer, although I think it is a monitor problem:
System model: Dell DM061
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 2.2.1
Processor: Intel Core 2 4300 @ 1.80 GHz
Memory: 1022 RAM

Under the display tab, it says I have a Radeon X1300/X1550 Series graphics card, Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor, but it says ViewSonic at the front of my monitor and at the back it says ViewSonic VX2235wm, Model Number: VS11349

Thank you!
Computer Specs
Member with 3,250 posts.

21-Apr-2009, 03:03 AM #2
Hi and welcome to TSG.

Have you tried the auto-setup on the monitor to see if it makes a difference? There should be a button on the front of the monitor to do this.

Have a look at the back of the monitor and the PC, where the cable goes between the two and physically check that they are still connected securely.

When you say your monitor didn't turn on do you mean you got no signal or it didn't come on at all? ie. no power light?
Computer Specs

21-Apr-2009, 03:10 AM #3
Hey, thanks.

I chose the memory recall option and now the screen is very bright, but there is still the blue tinge. (I looked at a black box on photoshop and it looked navy)

All my cables from my monitor to my computer are secure. I don't think I can push them in anymore.

The power button on my monitor lights up when it's on, and it lit up, but turned off again almost immediately. There was no image on the screen either, not even a "no signal" box.
Computer Specs
Member with 3,250 posts.

21-Apr-2009, 10:50 AM #4
If you are not even getting 'no signal' then my initial thought would be a fault monitor, I am no expert though, but thats where I would start.

Do you have any access to another monitor you can try? Perhaps and LCD tv in the house that has PC connectivity or a friend / relative that you can borrow just to plug it in and try?
Computer Specs

21-Apr-2009, 11:07 AM #5
I tried a monitor from another computer in the house and it seemed to work fine. Funnily enough, when I plugged the power back into my original monitor it worked fine as well, despite me trying re-plugging the power plug beforehand. I will chalk it down to another unsolved mystery with my computer.

Thanks for all your help!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
blue screen, monitor

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!