Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 16 posts.

Experience: Advanced
29-Apr-2009, 03:52 PM #1
Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200
I just recently bought a new processor at Microcenter, The Intel E5200 and my computer would give me the blue screen of death. My pc would just freeze and give me an error. Even during reinstalling XP i would get the blue screen. It is the 4th or fifth time of a clean install of XP on my hard drive. I did checkdisk and other programs i used to see if my hard drive had problems but my hard drive is fine. I swapped out the memory and my pc would still crash. I just put in my old celeron back in just now and my pc did not crash or freeze. My motherboard is a Biostar G31 M7 TE and it supports my processor from celeron and the exact model number for the E5200 all the way to quad core. I did not overclock or anything to my processor. The error i would get at the BSOD is Stop: 0x0000007A (0XE14D58C0, 0xC000000E, 0XBF90F00D, 0x7990A860

another BSOD said Kernel_Inpage_Data_Error

and also Win32K.sys-Address BF90F00 base at BF800000, date stamp 41107F7A

I saw on a thread on techguy that a processor could have compatibility issues with ram and i think it might be the case. As i speak right now i am using my Celeron 440 2.0ghz and it has not frozen or crashed yet. If i was using my E5200 dual core, even if i left my pc idle the cursor would freeze and the system would crash. I checked device manager and It has support for dual core. This is a custom PC build that i bough all the parts separately. Please help
Computer Specs
Member with 6,922 posts.

29-Apr-2009, 04:05 PM #2
Flash to the latest BIOS. The one that you have may not support all the newer CPUs on the CPU support list.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 16 posts.

Experience: Advanced
29-Apr-2009, 04:15 PM #3
I already did that is not the issue. I wish i could get the original bios tosee if thats how it happened. I always clear CMOS before installing new hardware.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!