Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

My speaker are buzzing. Help please

(!)

Member with 64 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-May-2009, 05:30 PM #1
Question My speaker are buzzing. Help please
just recently i noticed that my speaker of probably 1 year or so started making a buzzing noise. i did some googleing but none of that seemed to help me. i have 2 speaker hooked up to a woofer ( i dont think spell it right) the box that you hook your speakers into to make more bass. The buzzing is not my computer because i hooked it into my ipod and it was still buzzing.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 374 posts.

Experience: Mainly self experienced
28-May-2009, 08:06 PM #2
I think you mean sub-woofer. They make good vibrations during movies.
My opinion is that your equipment is starting to show its age a little bit. If you turn off your speakers, it should stop. But as long as electricity is running through it, it will be making that noise. I think speakers have always made some level of noise without input, but will get more obvious over time.
Computer Specs
Member with 495 posts.

28-May-2009, 08:11 PM #3
buzzing can come from cable break / interference. Which speaker is buzzing - sub-woofer or ordinary?
Account Disabled with 457 posts.

Experience: Advanced
28-May-2009, 08:52 PM #4
Reduce the volume and check if the buzzing is the same. IF you notice that the buzzing is constant and hearable even after you reduce the volume. Likely cuase might be the IC or Transister of your amplifier kit becoming weak.
raybro   (Ray) raybro is offline raybro has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 5,804 posts.

Experience: Advanced
29-May-2009, 12:46 AM #5
A buzzing noise is often caused by a poor connection either at the speaker or on the back of the computer. Check all connections.

Raybro
Member with 64 posts.

30-May-2009, 10:28 AM #6
I think it is the sub-woofer because when i take out the plug that goes into it the buzzing get lower and it is not noticeable.i tried turning down the volume but i can still hear it.
Junior Member with 1 posts.

09-Jul-2009, 08:18 PM #7
Question Speaker noise..buzzing
I have a Sony Vaio, 4 logitech speakers and sub woofer. I am getting a buzzing noise which increases when volume is turned up. I have checked all connections and moved any cables/wires from touching the spaeker wires. Cant seem to get rid ot the noise!!! Please help!
Thanks
Computer Specs
Member with 495 posts.

10-Jul-2009, 07:48 PM #8
Best chance of response is to start a new thread - in meantime....isolate each speaker to see if noise is on all when connected independently or with just one. If just one then wire needs replacing. If noise present on all - problem lies with 3.5m jack connection or sound card.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
spealer

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!