Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Audio from unknown source on my computer?

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

28-May-2009, 09:03 PM #1
Audio from unknown source on my computer?
I have an Acer Aspire 4530, i run Windows vista. My computer was made by my fathers friend, but he is intellegent in computers so i assume he knew what he was doing, and he did not complain about this problem when he had it.
When Im on my computer all of a sudden audio comes on, sometimes it sounds like a car driving, sometimes its someone just talking, but recently it was a woman saying "Hi im Rachel Sexton, and this is how i pour wine...with my feet." I searched her and shes an adult film star, ive never been on an adult site before and one of her videos (featured on her website) was her pouring wine. I disconnected from the internet and it stopped.
This is getting increasingly annoying, and im wondering how to fix it?
Thankyou
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 305 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
29-May-2009, 12:20 AM #2
It could just be interference being picked up on the wires. At least, that's what I've assume mine does. I think I get the neighbours christian radio station. I'm getting used to gregorian chants and preachers talking about hellfire while blasting things on my games - seems oddly apt...

But on a more serious note, does it only happen when you are connected to the internet? Have you tested this for a few hours? If so that doesn't sound like interference and could indicate something more fixable.

If anyone has any extra info I'd like to know too. I'd probably miss the voices in the speakers...but it'd be nice to turn them off now and then.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Advanced
29-May-2009, 02:24 AM #3
Uninstall any and all toolbars you may have incorporated into your Browser. Run a spyware checker as well. I highly recommend Spybot - Search & Destroy:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 374 posts.

Experience: Mainly self experienced
29-May-2009, 05:22 AM #4
Malware is one thing you check your computer for, but online content might be another. I am one of those people that likes to have multiple tabs open, perhaps over 10 at a time in some cases. And what annoys me most is when one of those tabs have sound running in it, whether it be a video starting up on its own, a particular website, or that stupid EA advertising turning flash adverts from TV and putting them somewhere on the page.
Since you are running Vista, I suggest that when you hear the sound again, go over to the sound mixer, a part of the volume control in your system tray. If you look at the individual programs, see which one has bars going up and down. The one with the moving bars is the culprit program.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

29-May-2009, 02:11 PM #5
It only happens when im connected to the internet. Its been happening ever since i got my computer, which has been since christmas. When it does happen it happens frequently, like every 5 minutes, then it will stop for a while. I've run spyware and it still happens.
And it happens when my computer is sitting there on, with no applications running.

Last edited by h25102139; 29-May-2009 at 02:34 PM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
acer, unknown audio source, vista

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!