Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: HP wireless keyboard 5189URF problem

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
07-Jun-2009, 08:21 PM #1
Solved: HP wireless keyboard 5189URF problem
My problem is that the wireless keyboard that the system came with is not working.
What I mean by not working is that when I press a button nothing happens. Not one button provokes a response. My wireless mouse works fine however my keyboard does not. The model number is 5189URF (K). I pressed the "Connect" button on the back multiple times yet no response occured. I have tried restarting my computer multiple times, plugging in the USB receiver in different usb ports, and even put new batteries in. However all failed to produce a result. Whats even weirder is that when I go to control panel, and go to hard ware and then under the category of "Keyboard", I click the "Check the Keyboard Status" and I see under devices "HID Keyboard Device", supposedly the wireless keyboard. It then says the location is on USB Human Interface Device and the Device Status is "This Device is working Properly".

This is on a HP Pavilion Elite m9417c desktop running VISTA 64 bit Home Premium

This same question has been asked before - but I can't find any answers to solve this problem - ??
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

08-Jul-2009, 09:12 PM #2
Had/Have the same issue.
I had the EXACT same issue. Leading up to that, my keystroke response would be delayed or sometimes even lose the keystroke. The little light on the receiver is a button. Press and hold that button until it lights up (not sure how many times or even if it blinks). Once the light is on, press and hold the connect button on your keyboard until the light goes off. Even though I have done this, I still have a problem every now and then with the delayed keystroke thing.

Also, I found this link on the question that was similar to this:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...9&lang=en#N675

Last edited by missy1e23; 08-Jul-2009 at 09:22 PM..
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

09-Jul-2009, 07:37 AM #3
Keyboard problem
Thanks for the info. Had tried all of these. Finally contacted HP, as warranty was still in effect, and they sent a replacement. The new keyboard and mouse work just fine.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!