Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Any tips?

(!)

Member with 40 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
01-Jul-2009, 10:30 PM #1
Any tips?
I am trying to learn as much as I can about before I start at Ivy Tech School in the fall. I am not the greatest with pc's but I am putting in crazy effort to learn. Can anyone tell me where I should start? I am trying to learn the inside of a pc. I can name and explain some of the hardware; ram, hard drive, dvd drive, cpu, motherboard, video/sound card, psu. That's about all I can do as of yet. I can take the pc apart completely and put it together. Now that I have learned some of these terms, what should I do next. I see so much inside of the pc and I would love to know every little part of it. So any tips, or terms, or anything lol, that can help a guy like me out? I am 19 and a little scared of going to school again. I want to be prepared and I feel like I don't know much. So any help would be awesome Thanks - David
Member with 2,798 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
01-Jul-2009, 11:04 PM #2
learn
Amazom.com>computer books
Computer Specs
Member with 11,665 posts.

Experience: Advanced
02-Jul-2009, 12:06 AM #3
If you really want to learn, get a part time job with a repairer/builder. There is nothing that will take the place of hands on experience, especially working with someone who knows what he or she is doing.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
college, david, learning, school

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!