Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

EPSON scan has stopped working

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
11-Aug-2009, 04:22 PM #1
Unhappy EPSON scan has stopped working
Okay. This question has probably been asked before. But I've tried everything i know to do thus far to try and fix it on my own. Please help me. I have Windows Vista first off and my Epson Scanner CX3800 won't let me scan anything. Everytime I click the "Epson Scan" icon. It trys to start up and then it says "Epson Scan has stopped working" Windows is checking for a solution. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. What do I do? I can't make my scanner work. I went through the Troubleshooting. Nothing helped. I checked the scanner completely over and checked Google for help. I've yet to find any help. does anyone know what's wrong with it???

Thanks,
~LindsayPrower
Computer Specs
Member with 1,852 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
11-Aug-2009, 10:18 PM #2
Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the CX3800. This is what Espson suggests.

Their directions.

Help Print Close
How to uninstall and reinstall the software...

The following information applies to the...
Epson Stylus CX3800

Note:
You will need to restart your computer midway through this reinstallation process. You should bookmark this page so that you can complete the steps below after you leave the Troubleshooting Guide. The page will be called Epson Support Information - 001320 in your bookmarks list. (You can pull it up again after you restart and reconnect to the internet.)

Uninstall the software

Turn off the Epson Stylus CX.

Disconnect the USB cable from the Epson Stylus CX.

Click Start or , and select Programs or All Programs.

Select Epson or Epson Printers, then select Epson Printer Software Uninstall.

Note:
With Windows Vista, click Continue, then go to the next step.

In the next window, select EPSON Stylus CX3800 Series and click OK. Then follow the on-screen instructions.

Open the Windows Control Panel, then click Uninstall a program under Programs (Windows Vista) or double-click Add or Remove Programs (other Windows versions).

Click EPSON Scan in the list of currently installed programs and click Uninstall/Change (Windows Vista) or Change/Remove (Windows XP or 2000).

Note:
With Windows Vista, click Continue, click Next, and continue with step 9.

When the confirmation window appears, click Yes.

Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Epson Scan.

In some cases, a message may appear to prompt you to restart the computer. If so, make sure Yes, I want to restart my computer now is selected and click Finish.

Restart your computer.

Install TWAIN Driver and EPSON Scan Utility

Note:
If you see a window that says User Account Control at any point, click Continue.

Make sure your Epson Stylus CX is NOT connected to your computer.

Go to the Drivers & Downloads page.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...atform=Windows

Download the TWAIN Driver and EPSON Scan Utility for Windows Vista. Make a note of the file name and save location so you can easily retrieve it.

Open the file you downloaded, and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.

If you see a Windows Security window, click Install or Install this driver software anyway.

Click Finish when done.

Install Printer Driver

Note:
We recommend that you install the TWAIN Driver and Epson Scan Utility as described in the preceding section before installing the printer driver.

Make sure your Epson Stylus CX is NOT connected to your computer.

Note:
If you see a Found New Hardware screen, click Cancel. You canít install your software that way.

Go to the Drivers & Downloads page.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...atform=Windows

Download the Printer Driver for your version of Windows Vista: either Vista 32-bit or Vista 64-bit. Make a note of the file name and save location so you can easily retrieve it.

Note:
To see which version of Windows Vista you have, click Start > Computer > System Properties. Check the operating system type listed under the System heading.

Open the file you downloaded, and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.

When prompted, reconnect the USB cable and turn on your printer.

Click OK when done.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2000-2009 Epson America, Inc.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
error epson scan cx3800

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!