Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

TWAIN compliant device not installed

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 95 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
22-Sep-2009, 03:54 PM #1
TWAIN compliant device not installed
I have an hp laserjet m2727nf and am trying to scan using the hp scanning client provided with the driver cd. My printer gives me an error message saying "Scan could not be completed. Cancelling scan." (real informative, I know). Then I tried to run the scanning software from the computer and recieved this message.

"There is no TWAIN-compliant device installed. Please install one and try again."

Searched everywhere (especially hp's website, utterly useless) and noticed that a lot of people have had the same problem but no solution.

Have reloaded the drivers twice, after removing the printer from the computer and rebooting each time and end up with the same problem.

Any help would be great.
Attached Thumbnails
TWAIN compliant device not installed-twain-problem.jpg  
Member with 7,891 posts.

Experience: Advanced
23-Sep-2009, 07:01 PM #2
Operating System?
Member with 7,891 posts.

Experience: Advanced
23-Sep-2009, 07:11 PM #3
uninstall the software, this time when installing, right click on the executable installer and select "run as administrator", see if it can find the twain driver after installing this way.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!