Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Samsung ML 2510 printer problem

(!)

Member with 235 posts.

06-Oct-2009, 08:28 AM #1
Samsung ML 2510 printer problem
Our year old samsung laser printer has developed a very light printout in the middle of each page.....almost like some mild "whiteout" had been brushed vertically down the middle of the page.... both sides of this "much lighter" printout are fine.....I replaced the cartridge with a couple of newer ones and the same thing shows up.... I like the printer and bought another one this morning but would like to know if there's a permanent glitch in it due to "age(?)..or if there's something I might do to rectify this problem

Tnx

Oneoldman (very old)
Computer Specs
Member with 62,326 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Oct-2009, 10:46 AM #2
I've seen a couple of suggestions. One is to clean inside the printer with a soft cloth. The other indicates that the fuser may be going out. If that's the case, I'd expect you to be able to smudge the toner on the rest of the page. It wouldn't be fused to the paper.
Member with 235 posts.

06-Oct-2009, 03:51 PM #3
Samsung printer
I'm not familiar with "fuser" you mention....I did try cleaning what I could reach easily with no improvement.. I tried a couple of new cartridges to eliminate the possibility that the cartridge was at fault.

I decided, since my wife depends on that printer for text printing, to buy a new one and do what I can to "fix" the defective printer..... Office Max had them for 60 bucks plus tax and free shipping. this week.... this was a 49 dollar one less than 2 years ago...when it worked, it was a terrific printer.
Computer Specs
Member with 62,326 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Oct-2009, 03:55 PM #4
The fuser is a part of the laser printer. It's got gears and rollers and such, and provides the heat to bond, or fuse, the toner onto the paper. A quick check, however, shows them costing over $80! More than you paid for the printer!
Member with 235 posts.

06-Oct-2009, 04:16 PM #5
Your're right... not worth trying to repair it... from my own experience, taking a defective appliance apart with hopes to repair it has been less than a successful endeavor.... seldom has it managed after my tinkering to avoid the dumpster....I'll set the new one up for my wife's use and will hook this defective one to my pc.. it still prints with about 50% readability and, who knows, it may decide to start working properly again..

Dismantling it may be educational..I did read on a google site how these laser printers work... I might learn something.

Tnx again for your help .

Oneoldman.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!