Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows phone won't connect to pc

(!)

Member with 99 posts.

01-Jan-2010, 07:44 AM #1
Windows phone won't connect to pc
My windows mobile won't connect to my laptop (vista). The device seems to be installed as it appears in the device manager, also I hear the sound when I plug it in. I've tried my device on XP and it worked fine, so it's a problem with Vista. I've tried a number of times re installing the device and re installing the software I was given (Windows Mobile Device Center).

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Windows phone won't connect to pc-device-manager.jpg   Windows phone won't connect to pc-device-manager-2.jpg   Windows phone won't connect to pc-device-center.jpg  
Member with 99 posts.

01-Jan-2010, 08:03 AM #2
I've had it connected to another vista computer and it recognized it straight away and worked perfect. The difference is in device manager it says "Microsoft USB Sync" rather than "Toshiba USB Sync 0700", also it says the drivers are working properly.

So it must be an issue with my laptop. Any other USB device seems to work, so it's strange why this is different

Is there a way I can download Microsoft USB Sync drivers? Every link I click tells me to use windows update.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!