Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: 2tb My Book Power Problem.

(!)

Junior Member with 8 posts.

25-Jan-2010, 06:29 PM #1
Solved: 2tb My Book Power Problem.
My friend has a 2tb My Book and has broken it somehow. He asked me to see if there is a way to fix it. Now I have looked online for awhile to see what I can do to fix it but have hit a dead end. I cannot find anything usable to fix the power problem. The problem is that the power box inside of the My Book is not working correctly. It is not the cord because that is the first thing I thought of when he came to me. After the internet search and looking around online I was wondering if anyone know anything about a site that can help me or that anyone themselves.
What he asked was that if I cannot fix the box then if I could install it into his computer. Now I do not know really anything about putting an external harddrive into a computer but I am willing to learn. Any help on this matter is very much welcomed.

P.S. We want the My Book to be fixed so that we can still get to the files on it. There are files I want and many more files he wants to recover.
Member with 11,747 posts.

25-Jan-2010, 06:39 PM #2
Does the power reach the Dirve ...does it spin at all

You can take it out of the casing maybe and hook it to a PC or buy what they call an enclosure and put it in that and it will hook up to any PC via USB
Computer Specs
Member with 8,450 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
26-Jan-2010, 01:43 AM #3
Remove the disk from the case and use this device:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...4&sku=ULT40112
You could also buy a new case:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...asp?CatId=2778

26-Jan-2010, 02:29 AM #4
I will need to wait till Friday till i can try anything. I will see if i can put up some pictures of my problem. or a video.

29-Jan-2010, 04:19 PM #5
It seems to have fixed itself. I am not sure how. All i did was hook it up and let it sit for a night. For about 5 hours before I decided to let it sit I had been messin with it tryin to figure it out. I dont know what i did but whatever. It works.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
2tb, external hard drive data, external hard-drive, external harddrive, my book

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!