Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

HP Cyberlink You Cam/Sound

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
23-Feb-2010, 02:39 AM #1
Cool HP Cyberlink You Cam/Sound
My laptop HP Pavilion dv9000 came already integrated with a webcam and cyberlink you cam already installed. Recently it has stop working even thought the program is still there. Any help?

Also the speakers for the laptop has also stopped work even though there is nothing physically wrong with the speakers. The speaker software was Covenant HD SmartAudio 221. Any ideas how to get that back working?

Thanks a million
Computer Specs
Member with 148 posts.

Experience: Advanced
24-Feb-2010, 03:28 PM #2
Are there any devices listed as disabled in the Device Manager? What version of Windows are you using?
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
26-Feb-2010, 01:53 AM #3
I can't tell if anything is listed as disabled but i can't find the hardware for the youcam or the speakers under the device manager either. i am using windows vista
Computer Specs
Member with 148 posts.

Experience: Advanced
26-Feb-2010, 11:01 AM #4
You may have to reset the defaults in the bios (system software via F10 at startup) to get these items to work - sounds like they may be disabled in the bios. I would write down your hard drive related settings first in case you need to switch them back in the bios after the reset. Otherwise, you'll have problems booting afterwards.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
cyberlink youcam, sound audio speaker xp, vista

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!