Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Connecting to tv with HD15 -HD15 cable

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Mar-2010, 02:31 PM #1
Connecting to tv with HD15 -HD15 cable
The cable fits the Sony, LCD TV, and my Compaq Presario V6000 laptop. My operating system is Windows XP, the computer is not quite two years old. The audio connection works from the pc to the tv, but the video connection only says "no signal" on the television. I have tried all the external input settings. This should be video 6.

On my pc, I have checked the "display" and cannot seems to add the tv as a option for number two.

Now, I am "stuck" and would appreciate any help.

Thank you!
Computer Specs
Member with 321 posts.

Experience: Hardware Expert 15Y+
14-Mar-2010, 07:55 AM #2
laptops have function keys, this is usaly blue, there is a Fn key, hold this down and tap the one that has a picture of a monitor or says LCD/CRT, just wait a moment after you do each press of the key.

Also try booting the laptop after you connect the TV, yes this dose make a diferance.

Thanks for using TSG
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
14-Mar-2010, 10:50 AM #3
Hd15-hd15
Thank you so much for your valuable information that, once completed, allows us to watch dvd's on our television screen. So many times I have said "I have to figure out these fn keys", and I never had. I thought it must be some sort of setting as it didn't take a "rocket scientist" to either attach the cables or to change the control panel settings.

Your advice was perfect....no more watching full length movies while sitting on uncomfortable chairs in front of a laptop. We appreciate your taking the time to answer our question and, thereby, solve our problem!
Computer Specs
Member with 321 posts.

Experience: Hardware Expert 15Y+
15-Mar-2010, 07:28 AM #4
Thanks for your apreciation

Glad to be of help

cybersloth
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
connecting pc to tv, hd15 cables, no signal from pc to tv

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!