Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

New motherboard, no bios!! Help!!!

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

28-Apr-2010, 07:03 PM #1
Unhappy New motherboard, no bios!! Help!!!
Ok so here is my problem. I just replaced my motherboard and have the fan and everything connected and running expect when i turn it on there is no bios on my monitor! And i don't know what to do someone please help me tell me if i am doing anything wrong or if i didn't do it right
Member with 2,634 posts.

Experience: I've been at this for too long.
29-Apr-2010, 12:58 AM #2
When you say "no bios" I presume you mean it isn't going through power on self tests (POST)?

What IS it doing? Are there any lights that come on on the board? Does the fan start spinning?

What board? What system did you put it in? What power supply?

Most likely you hooked something up wrong, but lacking any details no one will be able to help you.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

29-Apr-2010, 01:13 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml8 View Post
When you say "no bios" I presume you mean it isn't going through power on self tests (POST)?

What IS it doing? Are there any lights that come on on the board? Does the fan start spinning?

What board? What system did you put it in? What power supply?

Most likely you hooked something up wrong, but lacking any details no one will be able to help you.
yes thats what i mean.
well everything seems to be hooked on right, the CPU has 3 fans and they are up and running as well as the CD drive its working so i don't think its the power supply, and the hard drive is also connected and works and it sounds like its doing something but when i connect the monitor to the computer, the monitor just goes to sleep because it says that there is nothing connected to it. when you say system do you mean processor? well i have an Intel dual-core Pentium processor.
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

29-Apr-2010, 08:30 AM #4
First step is to remove it from the case and power it up on the bench bare. Many times, a short to the case will stop up the works.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
bios motherboard, bios not seeing keyboard, display problem, motherboard

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!