Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Device is not present,not working properly, or does not have all of its drive

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 16 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-May-2010, 06:44 PM #1
Angry Solved: Device is not present,not working properly, or does not have all of its drive
Diagnostic report: a device has a config prob that prevents it working properly.
The device Microsoft PS/2 Mouse is reporting "tv-ConfigMgrErr24" this device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The plug and play ID for this device is ACP1\PNP0F03\4-1D01FCF-0

Resolution 1. Verify the correct driver is installed
2. Try updating the drivers using windows update
3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver
4. Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager

My problem is- I don't know how to verify (new to windows 7) this is new pc. mouse & keyboard came
with pack .I installed as shown (disc for keyboard) both wireless(mouse & keyboard)Seems to be working ok. But have this message on diagnostic check. Cannot find info on maufacturer to check for update. Device manager does not show the mouse at all! Do not know how to update drivers using windows update. Feeling a bit stupid..
Computer Specs
Moderator with 41,601 posts.

Experience: Advanced
06-May-2010, 06:48 PM #2
You probably didn't need to install he drivers, they may not be compatible with Windows 7 and may be causing the issue. Try uninstalling the drivers or software that you installed.
Computer Specs

08-May-2010, 05:55 AM #3
Device manager shows it is up to date and working properly,The software I uninstalled, made no difference. All seems to be fine. It is just the diagnostic report. I am reluctant to try uninstalling the driver as I am not sure how I re-install it if I need to.
Computer Specs

08-May-2010, 11:35 AM #4
Where are you seeing this diagnostic report?
Computer Specs

08-May-2010, 12:03 PM #5
In control panel adv tools - generate a system health report
Computer Specs

08-May-2010, 12:06 PM #6
I am still trying out windows 7 to try and familiarise what is what. I used xp before
Computer Specs

08-May-2010, 12:19 PM #7
Your new set is USB correct? So there would be no PS2 keyboard or mouse connected. I think its more of a glitch then real problem, the computer thinks that a PS2 or Keyboard should be present when in fact it doesn't exist.

See if this resolves it, in Device Manager, click on View across the top, then click on "Show Hidden Devices". You may now see a PS2 keyboard or mouse listed, uninstall these.
Computer Specs

08-May-2010, 01:34 PM #8
Spot on! You got it! Thankyou.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!