Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Philips Laptop 15nb8611 webcam driver

(!)

Junior Member with 4 posts.

17-Jun-2010, 05:47 PM #1
Philips Laptop 15nb8611 webcam driver
After installing 7 on my laptop the webcam has stopped working. Does anybody have a clue how to find he driver?
BTW I have already tried philips's website and I have also tried the site a which I purchased the machine.

Thanks

opt.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 43,365 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-Jun-2010, 06:24 PM #2
Can you post a link to your laptop on the Phillips site? I can't find laptop on the common Philips sites, what country was the laptop purchased in?

Last edited by Triple6; 17-Jun-2010 at 07:02 PM..

17-Jun-2010, 06:58 PM #3
Nor can I! That's my problem. It is a freevents laptop that I purchased from PC world (It was a reconditioned model). It had vista Pre installed. That's all the information I can give really.. Whilst looking for the driver on the philips site I entered the serial number and even that wasn't recognised.

Thanks for your help BTW

Here is a link to many of the drivers but sadly not the webcam driver.
http://support.thetechguys.com/layout.aspx?ID={66bf6d32-55e6-4b50-ac77-49d6ad63b7aa}&CatID={c114182b-2341-4511-afc1-af7d84ee9d65}
Computer Specs

17-Jun-2010, 07:03 PM #4
You are in the UK right?

Have you tried to manually run Microsoft Update? Launch it, on the left hand side click scan for updates(I think ?), the when its down scanning for updates it should list some optional updates, see if the camera is one of those.

18-Jun-2010, 04:46 PM #5
I have tried that. Windows 7 always finds a driver and automatically installs it. But the driver never works. It installs a usb-webcam driver that seems to attempt working but fails somehow. Is there not a generic laptop webcam driver that may work?
Thanks for your help.
I am from UK yes.
Computer Specs

18-Jun-2010, 04:54 PM #6
No, there's no universal generic driver. How does it fail?

18-Jun-2010, 05:01 PM #7
While using MSN or another program that uses webcam I do get an option to use the camera, but I just get a white screen. At first I thought it may be a focusing issue, but I realized that if I blocked out the light the screen still showed bright white. Usb webcam seems a strange name for an internal cam also?
Computer Specs

18-Jun-2010, 06:53 PM #8
Not really, some manufacturer's don't spend much time on naming and right now it is using a basic driver from Microsoft so its even less likely to be specific. Don't know if you can call Philips or the place of purchase to get a driver.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!