Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Acer aspire 5740-5780 network driver

(!)

mikswmn31 mikswmn31 is offline mikswmn31 has a Profile Picture
Member with 157 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
04-Jul-2010, 07:49 PM #1
Solved: Acer aspire 5740-5780 network driver
I have an acer aspire 5740-5780. running windows 7. recently my laptop crashed and I had to restore. unfortunately i could not use the Acer recovery tool on start up to recover and one of the recovery disc I made when i gt the laptop is missing. So I reformated with my windows 7 retail disc.. all drivers installed with the reformat except for the networking driver.Now usualy when I reformt using my windows retail disc all I have to do is go to the manufacturer's site, and download the drivers orginaly shipped with the laptop. But i can't seem to find my model on the Acer site.

In device manager the only thing listed in networks is the wireless. However, under other devices i have a yellow question mark next to the eternet controller and PCI communcations driver. it dosen't tell me the name of my lan device. Does anyone know where i can find a list of drivers and stuff that was shipped with my acer aspire laptop/???

Also a few weeks after i reformated my computer my automatic windows update stoped working i gt the error code 80072EFE when i try to update my laptop using the windows update.
Whats up with that? anyone know???
Computer Specs
Moderator with 43,615 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Jul-2010, 07:58 PM #2
The Acer Aspire 5740 is listed on this Acer site: http://support.acer.com/drivers_download.aspx
And all the drivers appear to be there as well. Make sure to install all the drivers and applications.

As for the Windows error, lets see if that clears up after the drivers are installed.
Member with 157 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
05-Jul-2010, 01:40 PM #3
I gt everything up and working correctly. But I still gt the error code 80072EFE when trying to gt automatic updates
Computer Specs
Moderator with 43,615 posts.

Experience: Advanced
05-Jul-2010, 03:02 PM #4
Make sure you don't have a proxy set. Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools -> Internet Options -> click on the Connections tab. Click on LAN Settings button and uncheck everything on this page.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
acer, windows 7

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!