Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: disable Dell splash screen

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 9 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Jul-2010, 05:14 AM #1
Solved: disable Dell splash screen
I have a Dell XPS 435T/9000 desktop and am trying to disable the Dell splash screen that displays during boot-up. I know this is usually done in the BIOS settings, but I cannot find anything in the BIOS that will disable the splash screen. There is a setting for Quickboot, but disabling that does not remove the Dell splash screen - it just bypasses certain hardware checks (i.e. memory check, etc). Any suggestions? Thanks.
Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 2,664 posts.

Experience: The Matrix
16-Jul-2010, 06:32 AM #2
go into the BIOS setup program by pressing the Delete key as soon as your sytem starts. In the BIOS setup program, go to the Boot Screen section and disable the Boot-time diagnostics screen. This will result in the Blue Dell logo to appear during the initiation of your system.
it will be there i assure you
also check for bios updates at dell
Computer Specs
Member with 479 posts.

16-Jul-2010, 07:12 AM #3
I dont recommend flashing your BIOS unless there is an issue with the hardware. Did you look at the manual? There should be some where in the BIOS. Ill attempt too look at it later.
Computer Specs

16-Jul-2010, 07:14 AM #4
re bios updates, they have details on what the update is for, if not relevant then up to you to decide, i run beta bios and not had an issue yet, may as well tweak this old lady comp to the max, its someting to fiddle with!
Computer Specs
Member with 479 posts.

16-Jul-2010, 11:26 AM #5
then what should happen if you cant boot? There beta which means testing. Right so I wouldnt say go flash it with some Dell Bios
Computer Specs

16-Jul-2010, 11:34 AM #6
i was saying I do,i am not recommending it, just general chit chat, still waiting for markus210 to post back re getting back into bios anyhow
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 9 posts.

18-Jul-2010, 10:33 AM #7
I've gone through every section of the BIOS looking for the Boot Screen area, or any area of the BIOS dealing with booting. But there is no option dealing with the boot screen. I've dealt with many versions of BIOS's from other motherboards that do have the option to turn off any splash screen during boot up. But, trust me, this proprietary version of BIOS has on this motherboard (also proprietary) is very stripped down - just the bare bones basics. I guess it lessens the chances of people going in and screwing something up, hence a call into Dell's tech support. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to call Dell tech support and see what they say, but I'm too optimistic about getting a solution out of them.
Computer Specs
Member with 479 posts.

19-Jul-2010, 06:13 AM #8
did you look at the manual? I wouldnt attempt calling them right off though
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!