Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

I want to get into PC gaming, please help.

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

08-Aug-2010, 10:18 PM #1
Exclamation I want to get into PC gaming, please help.
I currently have this computer:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...007333&lang=en

I've bought some games off of Steam (Empire: Total War and Tropico 3) and they run well, but I was wondering if someone could tell me if the computer is good enough for gaming (overall). If not, what can I change. I'm a complete noob at this point and really need some help. Thanks in advance.

I don't want anything too big. Just something good enough to run at least most, if not all, games on medium. Thanks in advance.
Computer Specs
Member with 44 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
09-Aug-2010, 01:32 AM #2
http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/

Here you go amigo :]
This site is literally made to tell you if your computer passes the minimum / recommended requirements to play the game on high quality with good performance.

This will make it much easier for you to find out.
(There is a drop down list of almost all games)
Computer Specs
Member with 3,287 posts.

09-Aug-2010, 03:44 AM #3
I wouldnt trust the website personally, I have used it in the past and it has been totally wrong. It is good as a very rough guide, nothing more in my opinion.

The graphics card in that system is pretty low end (HD4350) so that is something that may need a bit of a boost. However, if you were going to do that you would also need to replace the PSU (Power Supply) as 300w isn't really going to cut it with a newer card.

Generally, HP use standard ATX PSU's (but not guaranteed to) and this would be factor to consider. If you machine does not have a standard ATX PSU then you would probably have to get a replacment specifically from HP which will cost you more for a lower quality unit.

If you were looking at upgrading, what sort of budget are we looking at as that will also be a factor to consider.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
games, graphics, power, video

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!