Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Dell Inspiron 1521 Power Problem Unsolved Please Help

(!)

Junior Member with 7 posts.

15-Aug-2010, 01:08 AM #1
Dell Inspiron 1521 Power Problem Unsolved Please Help
Good Day,

The computer in question is a Dell Inspiron 1521. It a the computer belonging to a dear friend of mine's daughter so I dont know the specs (Though I dont think they are relevent to this really). The Problem is with powering on. While the AC cord and battery are in the computers basic power indicator lights are on as well as the indication light for wireless on the left side of the comp (though wireless is irrelevent just stating that power isnt the only light on), also the battery charging indicator Blinks every once in like 5 - 10 seconds. If I Tap the power button Nothing happens whatsoever. If I hold down the power button or the house symbol button for appx 5 seconds and let go the num-lock, caps-lock, and some other lock indication lights light up and then start blinking about once per second and that continues for minutes or until I press the power button again where the three lights all stay lit for appx 2 seconds then go off. There is no apparent indication that the computer starting booting up at all... nothing on the screen... no sounds from the HD, fan, disk drive... nothing.

Ive read up on several forms about these types of problems. Ive tried several different things. Including:

1. Alt+Pwr button, then release both
2. battery removal boot from only power cord... same results
3. boot without memory sticks in. same results
4. unconnecting the little battery thingy in the memory stick compartment (i think it was called a CMOS battery idk), with this I tried unplugging, holding power for 1 min, replugging and booting... nothing... as well as booting with it unplugged... again nothing
5. I read someone state they found something on dell.com about removing several components other than memory until it turned on then putting them back in and trying while in the reverse process but I couldnt find that article so idk what to remove and was scared to try with some of the more advanced compnents.

Thx in advance for any help provided

Sincerely,

Kristopher P.

P.S. oh and the light indicator on the Pwr cord is lit when plugged in and the cord outlet is sturdy so no problems there that i can tell.
Computer Specs
Member with 8,450 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Aug-2010, 01:54 AM #2
I'm not an expert, but I think you've pretty much done all you can.
Time to try salvaging the data and get a new laptop.
Junior Member with 7 posts.

15-Aug-2010, 01:58 AM #3
Bummer. So u think think i wasnt missing ne thing... at least that means I was going at it the right way but that theres not ne thing more at "my level" that could be done for it. Maybe its a deeper issue like Motherboard failure or something.

Idk if they have a warranty ne more on it so it sucks for them

I like your side note about duck tape btw

If anyone has any other ideas, advice Id love to hear them by the way im not giving up quite yet if possible. Thank you for your reply though : )
Computer Specs
Member with 8,450 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Aug-2010, 02:06 AM #4
You can use the service tag (Probably on the bottom) to check the warranty status at the Dell site.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!