Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Ati CrossFire HD3000

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 27 posts.

Experience: Advanced
06-Sep-2010, 11:13 AM #1
Cool Solved: Ati CrossFire HD3000
I have a Asus M4a78L-M Motherboard which has a HD 3000 Chipset for onboard HDMI up to 1GB support the user manual tells me that i can crossfire with a decrete GPU it is a hybrid

I have a PCI Express HD 5670 Gigabyte is crossfire ready

Question

How do i crossfire the onboard with the PCI card ?

You may need more information on hardware pls feel free to ask
Wino has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 18,597 posts.

06-Sep-2010, 12:48 PM #2
I called AMD on another matter, but asked while there which discreet card would they recommend using with my onboard HD4290 as I could find no recommendations on their web site. Was told that it would have to be from the same series 3000/4000 but to not waste my money - they recommended a 5770 for better performance. So from what I found and/or was told by AMD, no you cannot run a hybrid crossfire with your 5670 and onboard HD3000 GPU. This was same answer I found on several forums, including an AMD forum. In any case, get their 800 number on web site and call them to verify - doesn't cost a thing and you'll get the info straight from AMD.
in vino veritas - Old Yiddish saying, "If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there". "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." H. L. Mencken
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw."
"Ignorance is not an opinion." - Dilbert
Computer Specs

08-Sep-2010, 01:43 AM #3
Thanxs for the heads up and as you were told that the 5770 would get better performance than a hybrid crossfire with my setup.

I have the 5670 and it is fantastic i can raise the graphics on most all games to the max and there is no problems the 925 amd phenom and the 4 gigs of ocz gaming ram work very good for me

thanks again for the information and i will call amd just to see
Wino has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 18,597 posts.

08-Sep-2010, 09:08 AM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydwazup View Post
Thanxs for the heads up and as you were told that the 5770 would get better performance than a hybrid crossfire with my setup.
AMD said it was for my system and I would presume that would apply to yours, too. I would expect any 5000 series would be better than the onboard 4290 in my case or the 3000 in your case. I'm waiting to catch the HD5770 on sale or with a good rebate, preferably Gigabyte or XFX.

Quote:
I have the 5670 and it is fantastic i can raise the graphics on most all games to the max and there is no problems the 925 amd phenom and the 4 gigs of ocz gaming ram work very good for me

thanks again for the information and i will call amd just to see
I would be interested in what AMD tells you. I spoke with a guy named 'Josh' on my HSF problem (AMD sent new HSF no charge 2nd day air) and he is the one saying the hybrid wasn't a good thing. From what I've read since in various articles, I'd have to agree a good discreet card would be the better choice and disable the onboard.
Computer Specs

09-Sep-2010, 01:57 PM #5
one thing that you can do that i have had work is use the onboard seperatly from the video card and run dual display using the onboard to drive the movie screen and the PCI card to run my desktop screen

the only thing about this is that you have to go into the BIOS and change the display config to boot the onboard and then the PCI there is a setting for this and it takes some of the work load when playing movies and playing a game seperating the sound is super easy too just install a second sound card and tell the system what sounds to play on what monitor works great have a great day
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!