Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Hardware Hardware
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Win7/64 bit, Intel HD driver FAIL! ?

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-Oct-2010, 04:28 PM #1
Solved: Win7/64 bit, Intel HD driver FAIL! ?
Hi. Got an Acer Aspire a few months ago. Am lately having problems with Black screen, then BSOD..Tried going to Intel to update drivers.. site had some utility to find drivers on my laptop, found them and said I'd better go to ACER website, because drivers were a "custom config". So I go to ACER website..found the drivers for the Intel HD Graphics, but all that are available are for the 32 bit system. ???

Then, went back to Intel, found the driver, had exact same version number as the one I have installed, decided to download and install it anyways.. was in process of doing that, and screen went full-on black, for like 10 minutes..I got real nervous and had to unplug and remove battery just to get the thing to quit doing what it was doing... Started the thing back up, scared as heck, but it started like I hadn't even been there. Still does the "Driver fail" once in a while.. not any rhyme or reason as to when.

I did a search on Google for such problem.. found one guy who had it happen on startup.. there was no answer except to contact the Manufacturer..(Which in my case is a diff maker).. here's a link to the thread (different forum) I did find:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...2-c642aebb3b44

I haven't yet tried to contact ACER. I'm not completely ignorant with computers, but compared with anyone who reads this thread, yeah..yeah I am.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me..
Computer Specs

05-Oct-2010, 07:04 AM #2
DID I STUMP YOU GUYS? LOL
Well, since I don't get any help any where I ask.. I went to tech support for Acer. They told me to re-install that same driver - which I did, AS PER INSTRUCTIONS IN THE DRIVER FILE FOLDER!!

Didn't help.

Then, NEXT CALL TO tech support.. Techie told me to re-format drive using eRestore(R). I said, sure, can do that since I backed up entire system previously on a Seagate FreeAgent Go drive. I wasn't worried.

Did the reformat. Nothing. Black screen flash, on/off/on/off.. driver fail..BSOD..reboot..hard drive rattles..BSOD..etc. Hey! It didn't work!

Call tech support THIRD time, he tells me to send computer in for warranty..greeaaattt.. They're gonna say I tried to install a driver and made it fail - I just know it.

Meanwhile - the "backup" I made on the SeaGate external? yeah - got all my files back (except of course programs, etc)...... EXCEPT FOR A FOLDER of ALL MY CLIENTS!! hahahahahahaha

Lost everything. ****.

Now, am doing business with a data recovery agent. She says it's still there, until the discs get destroyed.
Computer Specs

07-Oct-2010, 06:30 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thors_Foundry View Post
DID I STUMP YOU GUYS? LOL
Well, since I don't get any help any where I ask.. I went to tech support for Acer. They told me to re-install that same driver - which I did, AS PER INSTRUCTIONS IN THE DRIVER FILE FOLDER!!

Didn't help.

Then, NEXT CALL TO tech support.. Techie told me to re-format drive using eRestore(R). I said, sure, can do that since I backed up entire system previously on a Seagate FreeAgent Go drive. I wasn't worried.

Did the reformat. Nothing. Black screen flash, on/off/on/off.. driver fail..BSOD..reboot..hard drive rattles..BSOD..etc. Hey! It didn't work!

Call tech support THIRD time, he tells me to send computer in for warranty..greeaaattt.. They're gonna say I tried to install a driver and made it fail - I just know it.

Meanwhile - the "backup" I made on the SeaGate external? yeah - got all my files back (except of course programs, etc)...... EXCEPT FOR A FOLDER of ALL MY CLIENTS!! hahahahahahaha

Lost everything. ****.

Now, am doing business with a data recovery agent. She says it's still there, until the discs get destroyed.
Well 5 days have passed, without a single bite. Guess I won't find help here..
Thanks. I have reformatted the computer and it's still ****ed. So it's off to Acer for warranty.
Goodbye.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!